The Winter Newsletter for the 1900-1950 Special Collection is out now! It has articles (and lots of pictures) on:
- Our Yorkshire Writers 1900-1950 event at the university, which included talks on Willie Riley, Winifred Holtby and Phyllis Bentley.
- Willie Riley, his first bestseller Windyridge (1912), and his publisher, Herbert Jenkins.
- Crumbling paperbacks from the period, and exactly why they fall apart.
- Looking inside the books: library stamps and book marks.
- Recent donations to the collection, which include romance novels, Elizabeth Goudge, Willie Riley and Elizabeth Taylor.
You can also get earlier issues of the Newsletter here.